Coffee Ice Cream Torte
Not only does this make-ahead dessert go over big with company, but it calls for only four ingredients. If you can't find coffee-flavored ice cream, dissolve instant coffee granules in warm water and stir into vanilla ice cream.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers
- 1 cup chocolate-covered English toffee bits or 4 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed, divided
- 1/2 gallon coffee ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Place ladyfingers around the edge of a 9-in. springform pan. Line the bottom of the pan with remaining ladyfingers. Stir 1/2 cup toffee bits into the ice cream; spoon into prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap; freeze overnight or until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Just before serving, remove sides of pan. Garnish with the whipped topping and remaining toffee bits.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 298 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Coffee Ice Cream Torte in Quick Cooking November/December 2003