- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, dissolve coffee in water; add cake mix. Mix, bake and cool as directed on package.
- For frosting, cream butter and sugar in a large bowl. Dissolve coffee in milk; add to the creamed mixture and beat until smooth.
- Run a knife around sides and center of tube pan. Remove cake to serving plate; frost the top and sides of cake. Garnish with almonds.
1 piece: 286 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.