VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 package (16 ounces) one-step angel food cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve coffee in water; add cake mix. Mix, bake and cool as directed on package.
- For frosting, cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Dissolve coffee in milk; add to the creamed mixture and beat until smooth. Frost the top and sides of cake. Garnish with almonds. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Coffee Angel Food Cake in Country Woman May/June 1996, p35
Reviews forCoffee Angel Food Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2012
"I doubled the coffee. No coffee flavor."