Coffee Almond Crisps
The blend of coffee, cinnamon and toasted almonds has made these cookies a favorite for over 50 years. These crispy treats make good coffee "dunking" cookies. —Sarah Benthien, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee, room temperature
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in coffee. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Combine sugar and remaining cinnamon; sprinkle over cookies. Flatten slightly.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 168 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Coffee Almond Crisps in Best of Country Cookies
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.