“This quick and delicious recipe is a long-time family favorite,” notes Judy Grebetz from Racine, Wisconsin. “I like to use three or four different-colored peppers for an extra-pretty presentation.” TASTY TIP: If using fresh oregano on this fish, triple the amount, notes Judy Grebetz. “Then serve with couscous or brown rice to round out the meal.”
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup julienned green pepper
- 3/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 2-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 medium lemon, halved and sliced
- In a large nonstick skillet, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Arrange fish and peppers over onion mixture. Cover and simmer for 6-9 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and peppers are tender. Remove fish and vegetables and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over fish and vegetables. Serve with lemon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cod with Sweet Peppers in Light & Tasty December/January 2006, p43
Reviews forCod with Sweet Peppers
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 7, 2009
"great low fat"