This main dish is a refreshing change of pace. The distinctive sweet-tart sauce complement any grilled fish nicely.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
- Coarsely ground pepper to taste
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add rhubarb and sugar; cook for 5-7 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the onion, mustard, parsley, basil, lime juice and pepper.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill cod, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with rhubarb sauce. Yield: 4 servings (2 cups sauce).
Originally published as Cod with Rhubarb Sauce in Taste of Home February/March 2005, p17
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cod with Rhubarb Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2013
"The picture does not do this recipe justice. The picture looks gross."