My sister-in-law shared this recipe with me. I am not usually crazy about fish, but the fresh raspberry sauce makes this cod simply scrumptious. —Angela Leinenbach, Mechanicsville, Virginia
Featured In: Easy Fish Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pints fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Fresh minced mint leaves, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Reserve 1/2 cup raspberries. In a small saucepan, combine water, brown sugar, vinegar and remaining raspberries; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 4-6 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and raspberries have broken down, stirring occasionally. Press raspberry mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl; discard seeds. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; return to pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup.
- In a small bowl, stir butter until smooth. Stir in remaining salt and pepper. Spread butter mixture over fillets.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add fillets; cook 1-2 minutes on each side. Bake 6-8 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Serve with sauce. Top with reserved raspberries and, if desired, mint. Yield: 4 servings (1/2 cup sauce).
Originally published as Cod with Raspberry Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p140