Cod with Lime Butter
It may seem easy to dismiss fish for a holiday meal, but once you taste the buttery goodness in this moist and flaky lime-infused cod, you'll want it year after year. —Barbara Burge, Los Gatos, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium limes
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cod fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Finely grate peel from one lime. Squeeze juice from all limes to measure 1/2 cup. Reserve 2 tablespoons juice for lime butter. In a small bowl, mix vermouth, salt and remaining lime juice.
- Place cod fillets in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish; pour vermouth mixture over cod. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- For lime butter, in a small bowl, beat butter and cream until fluffy. Gradually add reserved juice; stir in lime peel and pepper. Serve with fish; sprinkle with almonds.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet with 1 tablespoon butter mixture and 2 teaspoons almonds: 255 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Speedy Cod with Lime Butter in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.