It may seem easy to dismiss fish for a holiday meal, but once you taste the buttery goodness in this moist and flaky lime-infused cod, you'll want it year after year. —Barbara Burge, Los Gatos, California
Recommended: 40 Super Satisfying Dinners for Lent
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 medium limes
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cod fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Finely grate peel from one lime. Squeeze juice from all limes to measure 1/2 cup. Reserve 2 tablespoons juice for lime butter. In a small bowl, mix vermouth, salt and remaining lime juice.
- Place cod fillets in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish; pour vermouth mixture over cod. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- For lime butter, in a small bowl, beat butter and cream until fluffy. Gradually add reserved juice; stir in lime peel and pepper. Serve with fish; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cod with Lime Butter in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p54