My daughter loves to cook and especially likes dishes with Mexican flair. She bakes these wonderfully seasoned fish fillets in foil to keep them moist and cut down on cleanup.
- 4 cod or haddock fillets (2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place each fillet on a 15-in. x 12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil. Sprinkle with pepper. In a small saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil; stir in cumin. Spoon over fillets; sprinkle with cilantro. Place lime slices over each; drizzle with butter.
- Fold foil around fish and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cilantro Lime Cod in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2006, p190
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cod with Cilantro and Lime
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review