Cod with Cilantro and Lime
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 cod or haddock fillets (2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place each fillet on a 15x12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil. Sprinkle with pepper. In a small saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil; stir in cumin. Spoon over fillets; sprinkle with cilantro. Place lime slices over each; drizzle with butter.
- Fold foil around fish and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 131 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Oct 10, 2013
My family is in LOVE with this dish! My daughter typically is not a big cod fan and she has requested it several times. I did make the choice to marinate it over night and the flavors really incorporated.
Aug 2, 2012
I've never given a recipe a poor review, but I couldn't eat this. It looked beautiful and smelled great. Unfortunately the limes directly on the fish made it so sour! We love cumin, cilantro and lime, but this just wasn't for us.
Feb 8, 2011
My new favorite fish recipe! I used tilapia instead of cod, and it was so good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.