Cod & Vegetable Skillet for Two
This one-dish meal combines lean protein with a colorful vegetable medley. A well-flavored sauce pulls it all together, creating a lovely weeknight dinner. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup fresh baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cod or haddock fillets (4 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, saute the beans, carrots and onion in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in the flour and seasonings until blended; gradually add broth and wine. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add fillets to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 220 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 624mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Originally published as Veggie Fish Fillets in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.