The lemon pulls this flavorful and healthy dish together. You can also use grated Parmesan cheese instead of Romano. —Thomas Faglon, Somerset, New Jersey
Recommended: 26 Ways to Eat Asparagus This Spring
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cod fillets (4 ounces each )
- 1 pound fresh thin asparagus, trimmed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place cod and asparagus on a 15x10x1-in. baking sheet brushed with oil. Add tomatoes, cut side down. Brush fish with lemon juice; sprinkle with lemon zest. Sprinkle fish and vegetables with Romano cheese. Bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 12 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven; preheat broiler. Broil cod mixture, 3-4 in. from heat until vegetables are lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cod and Asparagus Bake in Taste of Home April/May 2018