Coconut Walnut Tart
My mother and aunt perfected this recipe and then handed it down to me. The flavor is similar to pecan pie, My family requests this delicious dessert every Christmas. —Cindy DeRoos, Iroquois, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- Pastry for a single-crust pie
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Place pastry in a 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom; set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs for 1 minute. Add brown sugar, butter, milk and vanilla; mix well. Stir in coconut and walnuts. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until puffed and golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 296 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 169mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Coconut Walnut Tart in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.