Coconut Walnut Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and 1/4 cup sugar. Whisk the egg, milk and 2 tablespoons butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Pour chocolate over the batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl the chocolate.
- Combine the coconut, walnuts, and remaining sugar and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 274 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 401mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 7, 2013
I made this for brunch and received many compliments! Thanks for the great recipe.
Feb 23, 2012
It's so easy and tasty! Try it and I think you will like it!
Mar 8, 2008
I needed something for a quick breakfast treat for unexpected company, came across this recipe and being I loved the combination of coconut/chocolate/nuts, decided to try it - it was gone in a flash! Will definately be made again, and again!! very moist!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.