Coconut Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1. Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- 2. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with coconut milk. Stir in the syrup, ginger, adobo sauce and salt. Spoon into potato shells.
- 3. Place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with pecans and coconut. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 137 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Coconut Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
"For those of you who can't find Adobo sauce, it is the stuff canned chipolte chiles are packed in. You will find this in the Mexican/Hispanic aisle. You can feeeze the chipolte chiles in tiny batches for later use. I like to puree the chiles in ranch dressing for dipping sauce."
"I couldn't find adobo sauce either. I used some chili garlic sauce that I already had. I am guessing that they would still be good without it."
"These are awesome! Even my kids liked them. For some reason, adobo sauce is hard to find in rural OK, so I just added a little cayenne."