Coconut Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with coconut milk. Stir in the syrup, ginger, adobo sauce and salt. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with pecans and coconut. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 137 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 6, 2015
For those of you who can't find Adobo sauce, it is the stuff canned chipolte chiles are packed in. You will find this in the Mexican/Hispanic aisle. You can feeeze the chipolte chiles in tiny batches for later use. I like to puree the chiles in ranch dressing for dipping sauce.
Feb 29, 2012
I couldn't find adobo sauce either. I used some chili garlic sauce that I already had. I am guessing that they would still be good without it.
Nov 21, 2011
These are awesome! Even my kids liked them. For some reason, adobo sauce is hard to find in rural OK, so I just added a little cayenne.