- 1 (8 inches) prepared angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Place cake cubes in a large bowl. In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Stir in ice cream until well mixed. Pour over cake cubes; stir just until combined. Transfer to a 5-qt. trifle bowl. Spread with whipped topping and sprinkle with coconut. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews forCoconut Trifle
"I made this 10 years ago and couldn't forget about it! I lost this recipe until now.Im so making this for Christmas! Its way better than a coconut cream pie and doesn't taste like instant pudding mix.I remember spreading the cake cubes in a clear 13x 9 baking dish.Still came out great to the eyes and easy."
"Oh. Mah. Gah. This was so good. I made it for Easter dinner dessert and EVERYONE raved. So easy to make too, a real no-brainer. I used an angel food cake mix because they were out of premade ones in my grocery store bakery, even that was extremely easy because you just add water only to the mix, whip, pour into an ungreased tube pan and bake for an hour. I would not bother making an angel food cake from scratch when it is going into a trifle anyways... This tasted like coconut cream pie, everyone loved it, will definitely make it again, thanks!"