Coconut Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 6 medium)
- 1/3 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30-35 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool slightly.
- 2. Peel the potatoes and place in a large bowl; mash. Add the pineapple, butter, orange juice, egg, salt, mace and ginger; mix well.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-30 minutes or until heated through.
- 4. Combine the coconut, pecans and brown sugar; sprinkle over the top. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until topping is lightly browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 163 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 341mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Sweet Potatoes
"This was ok. Nothing to really brag about. Flavor was good but nothing out of the sweet potato ordinary. Likely wont bother making this again."