- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 6 medium)
- 1/3 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30-35 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool slightly.
- Peel the potatoes and place in a large bowl; mash. Add the pineapple, butter, orange juice, egg, salt, mace and ginger; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Combine the coconut, pecans and brown sugar; sprinkle over the top. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until topping is lightly browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCoconut Sweet Potatoes
"This was ok. Nothing to really brag about. Flavor was good but nothing out of the sweet potato ordinary. Likely wont bother making this again."