Coconut Surprise Candy
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 2-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup mashed potatoes (prepared without milk and butter)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, combine coconut, sugar and mashed potatoes; mix well. Roll into 1-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. In a microwave or double boiler, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip the balls into chocolate and then walnuts if desired. Return to waxed paper until chocolate is set.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 137 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jan 1, 2018
It was very easy to make. Taste delicious. I would recommend this recipe to everyone. I have tried other recipes that were just to sweet but these were just right. Will definitely make again.
Jan 18, 2012
This is exactly like the recipe my MIL gave me over 46 years ago. Very good candy. I usually put an almond on top of the coconut before I dip in chocolate. Yum!