Coconut Supreme Torte
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 4 large eggs
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, toasted, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs, pudding mix and oil. Beat on medium speed for 4 minutes, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Stir in coconut and walnuts.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 23-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Stir in 1-1/2 cups coconut.
- Place bottom cake layer on a serving plate; spread with 3/4 cup frosting. Repeat layers. Top with remaining layer and frosting; sprinkle with remaining coconut. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 542 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Mar 10, 2014
I don't usually use cake mixes, but decided to try this recipe. My husband said it was' very good'. Toasting the coconut really accentuates its flavor.
Jun 17, 2010
I've been making this cake for years and still get requests to make it. It is so easy to make and looks impressive.