Coconut-Streusel Pear Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Add pears and lemon juice. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until thickened. Pour into pastry.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine sugar and flour. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in coconut; sprinkle over top. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 306 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 10, 2015
fyi: 1 lb. fresh pears sliced = 2 cups
Dec 30, 2011
I HAVEN'T MADE THIS YET BUT IT SOUNDS WONDERFUL. WE GOT A BOX OF FRESH PEARS FOR XMAS AND THEY ARE REPENING ALL AT ONCE SO THOUGHT THIS SOUNDED LIKE A WONDERFUL RECIPE.I AM GOING TO JUST PUT IT IN A 9X9 INCH PAN I THINK. WE DON'T NEED THE CALORIES OR FAT OF THE CRUST.CANT'S WAIT TO TRY THIS.
Oct 21, 2011
This pie is so delicious, light and very very tasty. It was a hit at our house. It is easy to make, too!
Oct 15, 2011
This is so yummy! I made one for a family dinner and it was a real hit. I've already had a second request for another one.
Oct 9, 2011
I decided to try this recipe since my husband does not like apple pie. It was a hit, we both loved it. My husband does not even eat many sweets, but together we had this whole pie eat in 2 days.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.