Some special recipes go from being seasonal favorites to family traditions. This is one at our house. My whole family looks forward every Christmas to these rich, once-a-year sweets.
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafer crumbs, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup Dr Pepper
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Dr. Pepper soda
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Roll into 3/4-in. balls. For icing, in a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, soda and vanilla; beat until smooth. Dip balls in icing; shake off excess. Roll in coconut. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
2 each: 174 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 30, 2011
I added some chopped maraschino cherries (that I dried out on a paper towel) to this recipe ~ sooo good!!! Thanks
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC