Some special recipes go from being seasonal favorites to family traditions. This is one at our house. My whole family looks forward every Christmas to these rich, once-a-year sweets.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + standing
MakesAbout 5 dozen
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafer crumbs, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup Dr Pepper
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Dr. Pepper soda
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Roll into 3/4-in. balls. For icing, in a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, soda and vanilla; beat until smooth. Dip balls in icing; shake off excess. Roll in coconut. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 174 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Coconut Snowballs in Country Woman Christmas 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.