Coconut Snowball Cookies
It looks like there is a fresh dusting of snow on these buttery coconut balls.—Sonya Labbe, Santa Monica, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, chopped
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in coconut. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pans for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 68 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Snowballs Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.