Coconut Snowball Cake
This quick-to-make cake so closely resembles a large fluffy snowball that people may admire it instead of eating it. But it tastes so good, says Jan Bass, Council Bluffs, Iowa, that they won't wait long before taking a slice!—Jan Bass, Council Bluffs, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Place cake on a large serving platter or cake plate. Gently fold cherry juice into the whipped topping; frost top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Originally published as Snowball Cake in Crafting Traditions January/February 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.