My mom has made rum balls for as long as I can remember. They look beautiful on a dessert spread and can be packaged in a decorative tin as a gift. I swapped coconut rum for the traditional rum and added shredded coconut. —Jana Walker, Macomb, Michigan
Featured In: 18 Recipes for Rum Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut rum
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Whisk crushed wafers, confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Stir in coconut and pecans. In a separate bowl, whisk corn syrup and rum; stir into wafer mixture. Shape into 1-in. balls; let stand 1 hour.
- Roll in additional confectioners' sugar. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Rum Balls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p71
Reviews forCoconut Rum Balls
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2017
"Yummy! I will use a little more rum next time, but really tasty! We love coconut"