A common sweet in India, these coconut laddus are a simple no-bake cookie that require only a handful of ingredients. My guests always appreciate when I serve these tasty treats.—Nidhi Pathak, Noida, India
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews
- 4 teaspoons chopped almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 10 unblanched almonds
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat ricotta cheese over medium-low heat; cook 20-25 minutes or until reduced by almost half, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a small bowl; cool 5 minutes.
- Stir in coconut, sugar, cashews, chopped almonds and cardamom. Shape mixture into 1-1/2-in. balls; press one whole almond into each ball. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.