A common sweet in India, these coconut laddus are a simple no-bake cookie that require only a handful of ingredients. My guests always appreciate when I serve these tasty treats.—Nidhi Pathak, Noida, India
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews
- 4 teaspoons chopped almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 10 unblanched almonds
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat ricotta cheese over medium-low heat; cook 20-25 minutes or until reduced by almost half, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a small bowl; cool 5 minutes.
- Stir in coconut, sugar, cashews, chopped almonds and cardamom. Shape mixture into 1-1/2-in. balls; press one whole almond into each ball. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Originally published as Khoya coconut ladoo in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.