- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 jar (12 ounces) raspberry preserves
- 1 cup vanilla chips
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in 1-1/4 cups coconut and the walnuts. Press three-fourths of the dough into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread with preserves. Sprinkle with chips and remaining coconut. Crumble remaining dough over the top; press lightly. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forCoconut Raspberry Bars
"Made this per recipe the first time and everyone liked it but thought it was too sweet with the raspberry. Made it the second time with blackberry preserves and it was just right, not too sweet. Family liked it much better."
"These are soooo yummy. A definite keeper."
"I loved it just as it is. No adjustment was necessary. The cutting into the squares was what I was worried about but that was not difficult as I had thought. The squares were perfect. I got lots of compliments and the plate was soon empty."
"Just made these this past weekend and my family is asking for the recipe. These are a big hit! Love'em !"
"These were Great! I thickened my own raspberries with sugar and cornstarch and omitted the nuts. Turned out delicious!Thanks!"
"These are good but very sweet. Next time I would need to figure out where to cut back on sugar or maybe low sugar preserves"
"Bars were great, but the 2nd time I made them, I left out the white chocolate chips. They were much better."
"made these bars for a church pot luck and everybody raved about them. I will definetly make these again soon."