This proven pound cake turns out perfectly moist every time. It doesn't need any frosting, just a dust of confectioners' sugar over the top. —Lazetta Bruce, Minatare, Nebraska
Recommended: Pound Cake Recipe Roundup
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until combined. Fold in coconut. Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Pound Cake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p102
Reviews forCoconut Pound Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2016
"It was moist . If you like coconut, it has plenty ."
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2013
"Moist and wonderful! It is not hard to make but make ahead of time because it does take a while to bake."