Coconut Pound Cake
This proven pound cake turns out perfectly moist every time. It doesn't need any frosting, just a dust of confectioners' sugar over the top. —Lazetta Bruce, Minatare, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until combined. Fold in coconut. Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 481 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Sep 27, 2016
It was moist . If you like coconut, it has plenty .
Oct 8, 2013
Moist and wonderful! It is not hard to make but make ahead of time because it does take a while to bake.