Coconut Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until combined. Fold in coconut. Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 481 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 27, 2016
It was moist . If you like coconut, it has plenty .
Oct 8, 2013
Moist and wonderful! It is not hard to make but make ahead of time because it does take a while to bake.