- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) white cake mix
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract, optional
- 3-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut, toasted, optional
- Prepare cake according to package directions, adding poppy seeds and coconut extract if desired to batter. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Spread over the cake. Spread with whipped topping. Sprinkle with coconut if desired. Yield: 20-24 servings.
Reviews forCoconut Poppy Seed Cake
"Made this and took to a church luncheon. It got a lot of thumbs up! I will be making it again."
"easy and handy, the taste was a little too synthetic from all the mixes - too much salt, too much sugar for my taste. won't be making again."
"I would give this cake a good but not excellent rating. I've tasted better and more moist cakes than this. It was not memorable enough for me to repeat again."
"Husband likes this cake a lot!! Delish :)"
"Try using Instant Coconut pudding in place of the vanilla.....makes it even more of a coconut flavor..."
"Possibly my favorite cake..."
"I made this when I had guests for dinner. Absolutely fabulous!"
"This is my GO TO dessert recipe! I love it. It's so light, it's wonderful for summer."