- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted, divided
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside. In a large skillet, combine the cornstarch, sugar, broth, lemon juice, salt and reserved juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the chicken, green pepper, coconut, pineapple, 1/4 cup almonds and extract. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is heated through. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forCoconut Pineapple Chicken
"easy to prepare. I served it over rice."
"This was yummy, and so easy. I used pineapple in syrup and sweetened coconut, so I probably should have left out the 2 extra tablespoons of sugar; it was a little too sweet for me. Next time I will double the coconut, too."
"This is really good served over rice with eggrolls on the side. The only change that I will make is to increase the coconut."
"This has become my favorite meal. YUM!"