Coconut Pecan Waffles Recipe
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup club soda
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, eggs and oil. Add club soda and extract; stir until smooth. Gently fold in coconut and pecans.
- 2. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Yield: 12 waffles.
2 each: 457 calories, 36g fat (7g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 553mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Pecan Waffles
"I have made this recipe many times and really love it. The club soda gives them a crispy outside but they are soft in the inside. I substitute butter or coconut oil for the canola oil because I don't like to use the canola oil."