Coconut Pecan Waffles
Toasted coconut and pecans add a nutty taste to these delicious waffles from our home economists. Give them a try the next time you're warming up the waffle iron.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup club soda
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, eggs and oil. Add club soda and extract; stir until smooth. Gently fold in coconut and pecans.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 457 calories, 36g fat (7g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 553mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 3, 2013
I have made this recipe many times and really love it. The club soda gives them a crispy outside but they are soft in the inside. I substitute butter or coconut oil for the canola oil because I don't like to use the canola oil.