Coconut-Pecan Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
Makes12 servings (2/3 cup each)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled and cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients; stir in melted butter. Place sweet potatoes in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with pecan mixture.
- Cook, covered, on low 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in extracts.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 211 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 17, 2016
Is the coconut sweetened coconut or unsweetened?
Jul 10, 2016
I used almond slices instead of pecans; and left out the sugar. Delicious recipe with the coconut flavor. Thanks, Raquel, for sharing this recipe.
Dec 25, 2014
Delicious! We loved them so much at Thanksgiving, that I am making them for Christmas!
Oct 26, 2012
Absolutely delicious! It's our new favorite. Tastes almost like dessert :)
Jul 25, 2012
My husband loves this recipe. He is the king of junk food, but loved the flavor in this dish, and I loved that it had way less fat and calories than traditional sweet potato casseroles. Will definitely be making this part of our recipe rotations!
Nov 25, 2011
my family loves sweet potatoes, so I have tried many recipes over the years. This one is by far The Best!I definately will make this recipe again-it is a keeper-not just for the holidays, but for everyday use
Sep 25, 2011
I do not care for sweet potatoes but had to have two helpings of these. I looked forward to them as leftover too!
Aug 4, 2011
My husband loved these sweet potatoes! They're sweet, without being overly so, and the coconut and pecans complement the potatoes well.
Jul 17, 2011
These were REMARKABLE!!! My guests slurped this dish down faster than the several others I made. The tastes are very delicious, sweet, and savory! Over 8 different people asked me for this recipe. This dish is in my permanent file!
Nov 15, 2010
Liked the flavors alot. Did not like the coconut so I will omit it the next time I make this. Otherwise a good recipe.