Coconut Pecan Joys Recipe
My five kids are always good judges as to whether or not my recipe experiments are worth repeating. They eagerly eat these chewy goodies.—Lisa Moravek, Corning, New York
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (7 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites, vanilla and lemon juice until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold in coconut, pecans and chocolate chips.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 43 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Coconut Pecan Joys
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC