Coconut Pecan Joys
My five kids are always good judges as to whether or not my recipe experiments are worth repeating. They eagerly eat these chewy goodies.—Lisa Moravek, Corning, New York
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (7 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites, vanilla and lemon juice until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold in coconut, pecans and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 43 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.