My five kids are always good judges as to whether or not my recipe experiments are worth repeating. They eagerly eat these chewy goodies.—Lisa Moravek, Corning, New York
Recommended: 18 Recipes for Rum Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (7 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites, vanilla and lemon juice until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold in coconut, pecans and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Pecan Joys in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p141