Coconut-Pecan Coffee Cake
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions, adding pudding mix and vanilla; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the pecans, sugar and cinnamon.
- 2. Spread half of the cake batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with half of filling. Top with remaining batter and filling.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 34-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over warm coffee cake.
1 piece: 296 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 16, 2017
WOW! Excellent quick coffee cake. I was surprised that it was gone in one day! (I also used coconut extract).
Feb 12, 2015
Great quick and easy cake. First time I made it I followed the directions exactly....wonderful! But I just couldn't leave well enough alone...the second time I added coconut to the filling mix...even better!!! Today I couldn't leave perfection alone and added coconut to the filling and used coconut extract in both the cake batter and the glaze. Just finished putting the glaze on but the whole household is salivating. Can you tell we really like coconut?
May 7, 2014
This was so delicious........the cake was so moist......and the filling so crunchy! I didn't have any coconut cream pudding, so I used a box of vanilla pudding with some finely ground coconut added to it....don't know how much of a difference it made flavor wise, just take my word for it...it was so good!! I also took the glaze up a notch.....I boiled 2/3 cup water with 1 1/2 cups sugar until it was just starting to caramelize and lightly brown in color, then whisk in briskly 2 ounces of cream cheese and 1/4 cup or less of brewed coffee ( this step will cause it to bubble up vigorously), and a little cinnamon. Let it cool slightly. I then poured it all into a small glass pouring pitcher for easy drizzling over each individual serving of coffee cake. I made this last night for dessert....had to resist a second serving! But am now having a slice with my morning coffee! ! ! Will probably cut back on the sugar in the filling next time I make this as the glaze adds enough sweetness to this cake. The cake stands on its own without the glaze also. Thanks for a great recipe!!
May 27, 2012
I like the idea of the recipe, but the yellow cake mix was too sweet for me and others (and I love sweet). Might try again with a different starting base.
Mar 28, 2012
Oh wow!!! Everybody loved this...even my husband who hates coconut...and so easy...great all the way around!
Mar 26, 2012
Absolutely love this recipe. Quick, easy and delicious. Everyone who tries it wants the recipe!
Jan 25, 2012
This is wonderful. I made it for my Sunday School class and they thought it was wonderful. They all wanted the recipe. I will make again and again