Coconut Pecan Balls
I got this recipe from my daughter-in-law, who makes lots of goodies. Everyone who has ever tried them has liked them very much.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Place crumbs, coconut and pecans in a large bowl; set aside. In a small saucepan, melt butter and peanut butter; add to bowl and mix well. Roll into 1/2-in. balls. Melt chocolate chips and shortening in a heavy saucepan. Dip balls in melted chocolate and place on waxed paper to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 81 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Coconut Pecan Balls in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.