Coconut Peach Dessert Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar or honey
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in egg whites and extract. Line a baking sheet with foil; grease foil well. Spread coconut mixture into a 9-in. circle on foil. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Place the crust on a serving plate; spread with whipped cream. Combine peaches and sugar; spoon over cream. Cut into wedges. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 456 calories, 32g fat (19g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Peach Dessert
"Awful! The taste was good but texture was hard as rocks, couldn't cut it with a dessert fork....... If you really wanted to you could crumble it up and make mini trifles with it, but I wouldn't bother!"