- 1-1/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar or honey
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut, almonds, sugar, flour and salt. Stir in egg whites and extract. Line a baking sheet with foil; grease foil well. Spread coconut mixture into a 9-in. circle on foil.
- Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate overnight.
- Place crust on a serving plate; spread with whipped cream. Combine peaches and sugar; spoon over cream. Cut into wedges. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCoconut Peach Dessert
"Awful! The taste was good but texture was hard as rocks, couldn't cut it with a dessert fork....... If you really wanted to you could crumble it up and make mini trifles with it, but I wouldn't bother!"