Coconut Peach Dessert
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar or honey
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut, almonds, sugar, flour and salt. Stir in egg whites and extract. Line a baking sheet with foil; grease foil well. Spread coconut mixture into a 9-in. circle on foil.
- Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate overnight.
- Place crust on a serving plate; spread with whipped cream. Combine peaches and sugar; spoon over cream. Cut into wedges. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 456 calories, 32g fat (19g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 3, 2012
Awful! The taste was good but texture was hard as rocks, couldn't cut it with a dessert fork....... If you really wanted to you could crumble it up and make mini trifles with it, but I wouldn't bother!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.