Friends always request this recipe with its intriguing tropical taste. A sweet mango puree nicely complements the couscous and fish.—Jessie Apfe, Berkeley, California.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 large mangoes, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2/3 cup uncooked couscous
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Place the first five ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Pour 1 cup mixture into a large resealable plastic bag. Add fish; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining mixture for sauce.
- Drain fish, discarding marinade in bag. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill fish, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from heat 3-5 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring coconut milk and ginger to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5-10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Add cilantro; fluff with a fork. Serve fish with couscous and reserved sauce.