- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 mahi mahi (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons peanut or canola oil
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and coconut. Dip fillets in the flour, egg, then bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook fish in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown on the outside and fish just turns opaque in the center.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the mango, wine, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and pepper; cover and process until blended. Stir in basil. Serve with fish.
Nutrition Facts 1 each: 487 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 200mg cholesterol, 488mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 4g fiber), 34g protein.