- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 mahi mahi (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons peanut or canola oil
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and coconut. Dip fillets in the flour, egg, then bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook fish in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown on the outside and fish just turns opaque in the center.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the mango, wine, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and pepper; cover and process until blended. Stir in basil. Serve with fish. Yield: 2 servings (1/2 cup sauce).
Reviews forCoconut-Mango Mahi Mahi for Two
"This recipe was so-so; my husband really liked it, but I wasn't overly impressed. It is fast to make, which is nice for weeknight meal. But mahi-mahi really doesn't need breading; I think it masked the fish's natural flavor. I'll only make it again if my husband requests it."