Coconut Macaroon Pie
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (14 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll crust into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, melted butter, extract and salt until blended. Stir in flour. Reserve 1/2 cup coconut; stir remaining coconut into egg mixture. Transfer to pie crust. Sprinkle with reserved coconut.
- 3. Bake on a lower oven rack until golden brown and filling is set, 35-45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
1 piece: 490 calories, 29g fat (20g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Mar 16, 2020This recipe looked good, but I was in the mood for chocolate and almonds too, so I used 2 cups of coconut, 1 cup of slivered almonds, and 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus 1/2 teaspoon of coconut extract. I probably should have taken it out of the oven at 35 minutes, because it got a little dry, but the taste was great!
Dec 23, 2019I made this and took it to my daughter in law. Everyone loved it. Thanks! ??
Dec 18, 2019Just made this last night for a small group Christmas party. It was the HIT of the party. Very easy to make. There was a small piece left and I just got it out of the fridge to eat it. I think it’s even better the next morning if that’s possible!
Dec 29, 2018no blind bake ???? thanks
Dec 29, 2018Carrie -- last ingredient ... 1 package (14 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
Oct 28, 2018I don't see coconut in the ingredients
Oct 18, 2018Can you use any kind of eggs?
Mar 12, 2017
Easy and tastes like the inside of a Mounds bar. I subbed vanilla for the almond due to allergies. Mine took a bit more than 50 minutes, used a Pyrex glass pie plate. Great drizzled with a little dark chocolate.