- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted and finely chopped
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and oil until blended. Beat in eggs and extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in coconut and nuts.
- Divide dough in half. On parchment paper-lined baking sheets, shape each half into an 8x3-in. rectangle. Bake about 25 minutes or until set.
- Place pans on wire racks. When cool enough to handle, transfer baked rectangles to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. Return to pans, cut side down.
- Bake 15-18 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway into mixture; allow excess to drip. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forCoconut-Macadamia Biscotti
"Have made several times. easy to sub other nuts, extracts depending on what I have."
"I really like coconut, but did not like this combination with macadamia nuts. I prefer the almond biscotti."
"This is a really good biscotti recipe. I have made this several times to give as gifts and every time I am asked for this recipe."